The Board of Directors is made up of parent volunteers from the Centre or our local community, consisting of a President, Vice President (Parent and Staff Liaison), Treasurer, Secretary, and Members at Large. Volunteers do not require any previous experience. Board meetings are usually held monthly, except in the summer, and the Annual General Meeting of the Society is held in late September.
The Board of Directors responsibilities include the following:
- To oversee the general programs operated by the Society, ensuring that it is carrying out its mandate to the
community in a professional and responsible manner.
- To ensure adequate funding for the continuance of and possible extension of services, and maintain an efficient and
effective financial system.
- To hire the Director of the Centre and ensure the professional staffing needs and conditions are fulfilled.
- To embark on special projects which will contribute to the quality and efficiency of the services and programs provided.
- To represent the WVCDC in the community.
If you have any questions regarding the Board of Directors or would like more information about the functions of the Board, please contact the current Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to the WVCDC Director to get a contact number.